Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How I Spent My Memorial Day

How I spent my Memorial Day:
Dismantling my brother's rubber band ball to make beautiful bracelets

Showing off my mad two-wheel skills

Practicing my budding two-wheel skills (we blame an over-exposure of Calvin and Hobbes at a young age for Sam's temporary difficulties in mastering riding without training wheels - click here to read more)

Honing my most recently acquired skill - snapping (and with flair, no less!)

Reading the awesome Roald Dahl treasury that Mom got for me in England

Catching another Roald Dahl volume on the road (don't ask me how he can walk and read at the same time!)


And a good time was had by all. Three cheers for a quiet, relaxed holiday weekend.

6 comments:

Lou Ann said...

You Morningstars know how to do it right. A little arts & crafts, a little exercise and some quite time for reading....and exercising - at the same time. Your talents are endless!

Lou Ann & Lexie too

PS - thanks for checking in on us. It's nice to know I'm not the only sappy & happy Kazakh mom!?!

Rayna said...

haha!! i love it! :)

Selena said...

OK. I completely sympathize with Sam's two-wheel reluctance.

Also, I am very jealous of the Roald Dahl treasury!

Great photos!
Selena

MissM said...

It continues to frighten me how much Sam reminds me of myself...right down to taking forever to learn to ride a bike, yet somehow having the coordination to read and walk at the same time. Poor kid... :)
-Sarah

Jessica and Chris said...

Yippeee for a good time! and yipee for mom being home!

Al and Lyndsie said...

Hip! Hip! Horray!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails