We ended up deciding on two pieces of flair.
The first represents all of places that are special to our family:
- Maryland (where Steve, Sam, and I were born)
- Utah (our home for the last 20 years)
- China (WanYing's birthplace)
- Kazakhstan (Sasha's birthplace)
- Mexico (home of Hogar de Amor and our spiritual second home)
The second decoration (so far) is a pair of unicycle tracks in the bike room.
It worked remarkably well, especially when the concrete amigos (who were so good-natured about the whole thing!) lent us some pads for Steve to walk on to extend the markings even further.
a) riding a unicycle through wet concrete
b) we didn't really want tracks in the mud room, only in the bike room
But, apparently b was an unfounded concern because when we do the epoxy floor in the mud room the track won't be visible and a was an unfounded concern because Ben.
And both tracks look simply marvelous. I love these little touches that make the whole project uniquely ours.