Monday, April 13, 2020

Scenes of Quarantine

Ok, we're not technically under quarantine. We're not even under a shelter in place order. But "scenes of quarantine" has a fab rhyming quality missing from, "scenes from all of us being home a whole heck of a lot."

Here are some pics taken around my house lately, along with the best explanation I can muster of each:
Making pasta with our new pasta maker attachment for our mixer. Steve is clearly worried. Worry was unfounded - the pasta was delicious
1 children's bathroom. 2 sinks. 3 soaps. They clearly have trouble agreeing on acceptable scents.
But, to be fair, they have a lot of soap scents to choose from. I only panic-bought two items: wine and soap. I stand by my priorities.
Sam and WanYing have been working out their wiggles climbing. Not inexpensive, since we've purchased a rope, climbing shoes for WanYing, and 8 billion clippy things (official term) in the past few weeks, but totally worth it.
As I was working from home in Ben's room so that Ben could use the computer with the extra monitor, I looked up and saw unicycle tracks ON THE CEILING. Upon asking why, dear God why, this happened, he explained that they were decorations.
Ben takes on matching the unmatched socks in the drawer-of-doom under the dryer. He found 80-something pair. Because I hate matching unmatched socks, I pay 25¢ per pair. I am now poor.
Ben practices slack line unicycling. An excellent use of time.
Now that we have a moat dug around our house, Ben practices 2x10 bridge unicycling. He said it's a lot scarier than slack line unicycling. Prolly because there's no guide rope.
The girl spent roughly an hour in her harness hanging from the ceiling today. The girl is mad.
And there you have it, a glimpse into our quarantine lives. It looks cuter in blog form.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Henry got equipment and got to go repelling for his 7th birthday! Makes me a little nervous about what he might want to do for his 10th birthday! Looks like you guys are surviving this craziness in style!!

Sarah said...

What is Sasha up to? I guess she's the sane sibling?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails