Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Hats

I was working on a touching post (well, as touching as our posts ever get) about the wonders of this Thanksgiving and our gratitude for our friends and family... but when I got ready to upload the annual group picture around the dinner table I realized that we may have some explaining to do about the hats.

Last year, Sam created nine truly fantastic hats for our Thanksgiving celebration - traditional pilgrim and Indian hats. This year, Sam decided to focus on the centerpiece and Ben happily took on hat duty. As Ben told us that he planned to make turkey hats and started making a supply list. The conversation started like this: "Let's see... for every hat I'll need two paper bags and three cotton balls. Oh, no, it's three cotton balls for each side. And I'll need tissue." and it went downhill from there in terms of my understanding.

But once he started on the massive hat creation project, it all became clear - get it? they're turkey hats! Like, turkey leg turkey hats! Hilarious and completely unexpected.

Here are some shots of our family and guests modeling their fabulous turkey hats:
Wowsers - I dare you to find more astounding Thanksgiving hats anywhere, let alone guests who wear them with such distinction :)

4 comments:

Anna said...

I would never have thought about making "turkey" hats! They are some of the coolest hats I've seen.

MissM said...

Did Ben come up with those all on his own? That's such a creative and clever (though rather bizarre) idea - I'm impressed!

Tracy said...

what a great imagination!...

look at those guys rocking out...

Cindy T said...

LOVE IT! Zachary just fell on the floor laughing uncontrollably and said "I wish I could have been there!"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails