Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sell Your Stuff

Steve and I are about halfway through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University and it's been a really great opportunity to talk about our financial plans for the next years and decades. If you have the chance to take the 12-week course, I definitely recommend it.

Anyway, inspired by FPU, I decided to sell our CDs this week. Not the CDs we listen to, but the hundreds of CDs that have been collecting dust in the basement for a decade. It's mostly mid-90's fare - R.E.M., Tom Petty, Indigo Girls - stuff that we have on multiple compilations and hardly ever listen to anyway. So far, I've netted $136 in FYE credit (For Your Entertainment, it's a local music/movie/video game store) and $21 on Half.com, one of the world's greatest websites. Yes, I think it's slightly bizarro that a store would pay me $9 for the Les Mis soundtrack that I worshiped in middle school or that somebody out there in Plano Texas bought The Thomas Crown Affair Soundtrack for $5.71, but I'm grateful to them!

If you'd like to visit our Half.com store to marvel at the crap that we purchased in our teen years, here's the URL: http://shops.half.ebay.com/jamieamstar_W0QQmZmusic

-LATE BREAKING NEWS- Van Morrison's Hymns to the Silence just sold for $21.95 plus shipping! God bless America.

(and, no, the photo has nothing to do with the post, but Sam took this sweet picture of me and Chorney this week and I thought I'd include it in this blog entry)

3 comments:

Faire1 said...

Chorney??? How does one pronounce this name???

Jstar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jstar said...

Well, her full name is Chornaya and it's Chorney for short - like "chor" rhymes with "pour" + knee. Here's her introductory post: http://morningstarhappenings.blogspot.com/2009/07/chorneys-first-day.html and it goes on from there :) You can read all of Chorney's posts at http://morningstarhappenings.blogspot.com/search/label/Chorney

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails