Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Passport Application

We haven't gotten Sasha's Social Security card yet, and several sources have informed us that it's often easier to get a SSN if you already have a U.S. passport. So today we took a field trip to the local passport office to get our baby's paperwork moving!

It took the poor passport lady a while to figure out which of the Russian certificates she needed to include with the application (she was a bit flustered by the whole thing) but I think that by the end of our time together all of the paperwork was in order. It was hard to entrust anybody with our only copies of Sasha's birth certificate, adoption decree, and certificate of citizenship, but once we have a passport we should be able to lock all of those originals away safe and sound and just use her passport for identification.

I'm just grateful to be on this side of the paper chase :)

4 comments:

Joby and Marla said...

I went to my local social security office (1 1/2 hours away) & had no problem getting Kobe's social security # issued. I haven't sent off for his passport yet since I hate to part with all of the important documents. I guess I need to get on with it :)

Jstar said...

That's great to hear, Marla, it gives me renewed hope that we'll eventually get a SSN for Sash!

Selena said...

Wow! Is it just me or does Sasha look more grown-up with her hair like that? Very cute picture! Good luck with the passport!

Al and Lyndsie said...

Very sweet photo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails