Friday, August 28, 2009

Troll Under the Bed

Lately Ben has been experiencing some nervousness about things that go bump in the night. Although we have taken all sensible precautions, including monster spray (everybody knows that if a room smells sweet, monsters won't dare enter because it smells so repulsive to them - you can buy this at Bath and Body Works, but they've mislabeled it as "pillow mist"), hand moisturizer (monsters always nibble hands first, and if they're soft and sweet-smelling they'll leave the rest of the boy alone), and the old standbys of prayer and talking it through, Ben occasionally has some nights when it's tough to get to sleep.

On those nights, Steve and I come to bed and find a little troll under our own bed! Sleeping under a big bed in an empty room sounds a lot scarier to me than sleeping with your brother in your own room, but what do I know? Hopefully this phase extinguishes itself quickly, because it's a little eerie to be falling asleep and realize that there's somebody sleeping under your bed!

4 comments:

Rayna said...

that is so cute! we, too, have used monster spray :)

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Oh my gosh, that's so sweet.

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Oh my gosh, that's so sweet.

Jennifer said...

Ah, ha, ha!! This made me laugh out loud. And a must share with my husband. I agree though- I would think sleeping UNDER a bed would be scarier. Then again, maybe that's just due to my housekeeping skills. Or lack thereof.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails