Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Surrounded by Good Wishes

WanYing's 100 Good Wishes Quilt is done and home and simply spectacular! The moms did such a lovely job, with Grammy piecing the quilt and Gramma quilting it. This quilt is such a precious reminder of the anticipation and love with which WanYing joined our family, our church family, and our greater community.

WanYing (clearly) loves her quilt and already enjoys looking at all of the fun patterns and colors while squealing, "my banket, my banket!"  I can't wait for the day when she can read through the book of notes and prayers and warm wishes that accompanied everybody's fabric, but for now just the idea that she's cuddled up in so much love makes me feel all proud and grateful and gushy inside.

Thanks Grammy!  Thanks Gramma!  And thanks to everybody who donated fabric and blessings to this beautiful keepsake!


4 comments:

Susan said...

Love the quilt! What a wonderful keepsake and future heirloom. Has anyone ever mentioned how much WanYing looks like you? We have found that many of our friends with children adopted from China have children who resembles one of the parents.

furrever said...

The quilt looks darling. It's been months since I've last visited your blog. I can't believe how much WanYing's hair has grown out. As always, she's a beautiful little girl.

tac said...

So glad that we could be part of WanYing's quilt ;-) It is such a great idea!
T

Unknown said...

So, so, so beautiful. I wish I could quilt. Or that either Grandma could quilt. I think poor Gracie is going to be stuck with a "good wishes vintage chenille bedspread." That's ok, right? LOL. Have a wonderful weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails