It's super-easy, we promise!
- Select fabric that you like from your craft supplies, old clothing, project pile, or the fabric store - maybe it's meaningful to you, maybe it has some history, or maybe you just think that it's pretty. It should be 100% cotton and woven (not knit, not like a t-shirt). If each member of your family wants to select their own, all the more good wishes for WanYing!
- Cut a 12" x 12" (or larger) piece and another little scrap of the fabric for the note
- Write a note for WanYing with your good wishes. You could include a scripture, a quote, song lyrics, a picture of you, and/or your own heartfelt blessings and prayers for her future. Do whatever expresses your good wishes for WanYing. Don't forget to include your name!
- Add a scrap of the fabric to your note, so that WanYing can match your quilt square to your good wishes. We'll put all of the notes in a book for her to read as she grows.
- Get your fabric and good wishes to us! You can give them directly to us, send them via mail (95 S 300 E, Orem, UT 84058), or give them to either of our moms if you're in the Westminster, Md. area.
our original 100 Good Wishes Quilt post or our friend Lori's 100 Good Wishes Quilt blog.
We're trying to collect all of the fabric for WanYing's quilt by the end of January, so you have some time, but don't procrastinate too much!
Thanks, and we can't wait to see your fabric and sweet good wishes for WanYing!
*unless you're already one of the blessed ones who has already given us your fabric and note, in which case, know that we are grateful and please disregard the remainder of this particular blog post :)