We'd love to include as many prayers and good wishes as we can possibly get from our family and friends - old, new, church, work, neighborhood, school, and blogosphere. So if you're reading this, that means that we'd love to include you in WanYing's quilt!
And it's super-easy, we promise:
- Select fabric that you like from your craft supplies, old clothing, project pile, or the fabric store - maybe it's meaningful to you, maybe it has some history, or maybe you just think that it's pretty. It should be 100% cotton and woven (not knit, not like a t-shirt). If each member of your family wants to select their own, all the more good wishes for WanYing!
- Cut a 12" x 12" (or larger) piece and another little scrap of the fabric for the note
- Write a note for WanYing with your good wishes. You could include a scripture, a quote, song lyrics, a picture of you, and/or your own heartfelt blessings and prayers for her future. Do whatever expresses your good wishes for WanYing. Don't forget to include your name!
- Add a scrap of the fabric to your note, so that WanYing can match your quilt square to your good wishes. We'll put all of the notes in a book for her to read as she grows.
- Get your fabric and good wishes to us! You can give them directly to us, send them via mail (95 S 300 E, Orem, UT 84058), or give them to either of our moms if you're in the Westminster, Md. area.