Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Stockings were Hung

I had every intention of finishing Sasha's stocking with plenty of time to spare... which sounded like a good plan until it intersected reality. But I finished the stocking before midnight on Christmas Eve, so that counts as on-time, right?!?

Even with the last-minute panic, I'm pretty pleased with the results. I love how the design honors lots of different pieces of Sasha's heritage! Steve suggested using colors and detail from the flag of Kazakhstan and I included a babushka on Sash's snowlady as a nod to Sasha's probable Russian ethnic heritage.

So, before Christmas officially hit, all five stockings were hung by the chimney with care. Boy did that feel good :)

7 comments:

The Fox Den said...

Nice work! It looks beautiful!!

marymary said...

I absolutely love it.

Jstar said...

Mary, any compliment from you on a craft I make is worth its weight in gold! Oh, wait, I guess compliments don't weigh anything... Um, Mary, thanks for the compliment - from a super crafty mom like you, it means a lot

Smith Fam said...

What a perfect stocking, I love the Russian theme! Karen

Sumptuous Stitching said...

That is gorgeous, Jamie! :) I love it! :)

Amy said...

It was great to see you guys Christmas eve. Hope you have a fabulous new years.

Smith Fam said...

Love, love, LOVE all those stockings. Nicely done.
~Rich (I know, Karen already commented, but they're so festive and fun, I had to as well)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails