Sunday, September 12, 2010

Adventurously Expectant

I am consistently astounded by the Bible, by the living Word of God. There's always something new, always something that feels like it was was written just for me, just for now.

Here's my new memory verse:
This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike "What's next, Papa?" God's Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children.
Romans 8:15-16
I love that God knows so perfectly what I need to know and hear and learn. Amazing.

I pray that I will live in that adventurous expectation, knowing and confirming who I really am. Because my Papa will always have something new for me!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the "childlike, 'What's next Papa?'" Goosebumps when I read it. I have a very clear image of my children asking ME that, and it's a very perfect and poignant example of how I should be with my heavenly Papa.

Becca B said...

This was lovely. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails