But let's talk silver linings, because that's much more fun than wondering why :)
- I will still draw salary for the next couple of months and then will receive benefits beyond that. So, basically, I'm being paid to find a new position and we'll still have health insurance even if it takes me a little while to find a place to land.
- We talked with our adoption agency and confirmed that this should not affect our adoption. We are two highly employable adults with a whole lot of love to give and this is just a fact of American life. This does not affect our ability to care for a child
- We're coming up on Steve's busy season at work and Sundance confirmed that they would love to have him work full time when he's available
- To be honest, the idea of having a little extra time at home with our new little one is appealing
- Oh, yeah, and let's not forget that we are a part of something far, far greater than ourselves! If this year brings us a more Christ-like marriage, a new Morningstar, a family more assured of our place in God's purposes, and all we lose is a job, we are blessed!
As you will no doubt guess, this has been a very interesting week for us (that's my new favorite word). But we have emerged from the initial panic and gloom to believe wholeheartedly that God has far more planned for us than we could ever ask or imagine. Your prayers are hugely appreciated.
I'll leave you with my new memory verse, Micah 7:7:
But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord,
I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.