Saturday, January 17, 2009

Seriously - 44 pounds?!?

T-minus one day!

Ok, whoever decided that we can only bring 44 lbs of luggage for five to seven weeks in Kazakhstan is now on my list of least favorite people. I mean, seriously - 44 pounds?!?

But except for the trials of conforming to the ridiculous luggage-weight edicts of people I now hate, we've had a lovely final day in Utah. We hung out with the boys, got a new round of Encyclopedia Brown books at the library, went out for Teppanyaki, read Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late - it was a lovely day.

And we are now packed theoretically within weight limits. And tomorrow we're off! Wahoo! Hopefully our next post is a couple of days from now in Kazakhstan!

6 comments:

Lou Ann said...

I paid extra for my luggage and am glad I did. But who cares what you bring its what or I should say WHO you bring home! Your labor pains are starting and you'll be parents again in a couple of days.

Best of luck and safe travels.

Lou Ann & Lexie

Joby and Marla said...

If you can travel with only 44 lbs, then you are really good. We had to pay overage charges on the other flights which allowed 50 lbs per suitcase & each person 2 suitcases. We were really over in country but our driver pulled strings so we didn't have to pay sooo much.

I am so excited for you as you begin your trip to meet your daughter:)

Jodi said...

Yes, almost impossible, but you'll be glad you lightened the load once you start carrying your luggage up and down the stairs everywhere!

What an exciting time! Wishing you safe and speedy travels, and the most magical experience of all - meeting your daughter!

Enjoy Kaz!
Jodi, mom to Owen (Kokshetau)

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Wishing you well! When you're hauling your luggage up and down stairs over there--think, no elevators--, you'll be thrilled with 44 lbs rather than 64 lbs. hah! Safe travels, Susan

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

You are a better woman than me. I couldn't do it in 44 pounds-not even close. Safe travels.

Tracy said...

44lbs... man, the suitcase must weigh 20 alone!!!

Glad you managed to getter done!

TRacy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails