Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Happy 32nd birthday to me!

You know the coolest thing about being 32 (well, besides the amazing family and great home and new job and innumerable blessings...)?  As of now, Steve and I have been together for more than half of my lifetime!  When you start dating at 16, it doesn't take long to spend more time together than you ever spent apart :)  And it just keeps getting better and better.

I had a great day of celebration - in the morning I was treated to french toast outside on my new garden table (although we quickly took it inside because it was way too cold to eat outside this morning).  The table will eventually live in our garden/koi pond area... once the snow melts and the garden/koi pond area is actually created.

I was treated to squeals of delight from the girls when I got home - that makes a mommy feel good!  And WanYing even fell asleep in my arms tonight, a new step in her bonding journey.

Oh, and we had birthday dessert at The Chocolate and now it's time to watch an episode of Archer and then bed.

Perfect.

7 comments:

Shelly said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Glad you had a great day!

Lou Ann said...

Happy Birthday to you Jamie!! It sounds like you had a wonderful day for a wonderful woman. Hope the rest of your year goes as well!

Lou Ann & Lexie too

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday, Jamie! I'm glad you had a great day. Nothing better than a small child falling asleep in your arms for the first time.

Holly said...

Another great place for birthday desserts is The Sweet Tooth Fairy in Provo (by KMart/Sam's Club). Their cupcakes and cake bites are divine!

Anna said...

Happy (belated) Birthday!

China Dreams said...

Happy Birthday! I remember that halfway mark; it's a neat feeling.

Ruby

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! Oh, and since I haven't done so yet, let me say CONGRATULATIONS on your new daughter. She's beautiful!

Dawn Davenport
Host of radio show “Creating a Family: Talk about Adoption and Infertility”
www.CreatingaFamily.org

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails