Tuesday, December 9, 2008

On second thought... Christmas in Utah

Whoever said that "the only constant in life is change" is quite possibly my least favorite person on earth.

It looks like we'll be spending Christmas in Utah after all and traveling to Kazakhstan in January. We always knew that traveling in December was an educated guess on behalf of our agency, so we tried to prepare ourselves for the possibility of delayed travel, but I won't pretend that this isn't disappointing news. We know that in 2 or 3 months, a delay of 2 or 3 weeks won't matter one little bit, so we're just going to enjoy a few more weeks of Utah winter before heading to Siberia (well, close to Siberia).

Steve gave the kids the choice of keeping our planned Early Christmas or waiting for Regular Christmas and you'll never believe it, but they decided to open their presents this Saturday anyway! I know, who would have thought that the boys would want to enjoy their gifts early even if it wasn't necessitated by travel?!? So Early Christmas stands and we will celebrate in 4 days. I have no idea what we'll do on the 25th now... maybe a movie marathon or some similar low-stress activity!

And the big bright side of this news is that now Steve can work at Sundance over Christmas. He was really stressed about not being on the mountain during the busy season, and now he's free to work as much as he can over the holidays while I stay home and eat Christmas cookies (I'm pretty sure that's what stay-at-home parents do, right?!?). Just kidding! Although I will admit that I'm going to enjoy this role swap as long as it lasts.

So, yes, we're disappointed, but we know that God loves us and loves our daughter immeasurably more than we can imagine and we're willing to wait a few more weeks as he orchestrates everything perfectly for our arrival. We'll keep you posted as we learn more.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh wow! I'm bummin' for you guys (and for me as I can't wait to meet Sestra!), but you've got such a great attitude.

I like the idea of eating Christmas cookies all day! :-)

I hope you get solid travel dates soon. I know how knowing sorta, but not really knowing plays havoc with life. I canceled a trip to both Switzerland and Puerto Rico (both work related, but hey! both beautiful places to enjoy AFTER work each day!) based on tentative travel dates when in reality, I could have gone on both trips.

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Gosh, but how exciting, two Christmases to celebrate! I can' wait to "join" you on your journey to Kaz. Best, Susan and Griffin (Petropavlovsk)

sandyamstar said...

You are definitely glass half full people. And yippee on eating Christmas cookies all day! I knew there was something important I was supposed to do on days at home! (Kids, what kids!?) Someone once told me to be careful praying for patience because then God makes you wait! You're still in our prayers.

The Fox Den said...

You're right about that quote.... course I like it when it's in my favor. She'll be HOME soon!

McMary said...

I am excited for you guys to travewl in Jan. I hope the travel dates firm up soon cux not knowing is the hardest part.
Enjoy Christmas and celebrate the New Year because you know it will bring you a great blessing.

Lisa and Thal said...

Sorry to hear you have got a new delay. But you will have a new year's baby!!! Regardless of when you travel Sestra is still waiting for you to take her home. She'll just be a month older. Perhaps we'll see you in Kaz.

Joby and Marla said...

Sorry to read about the delay but this will be a Christmas that you will remember & next year Sestra will be able to celebrate with you.

I believe in the end everything works out for a reason!!!!!

Happy Holidays!!!!

Trudi said...

Christmas in Utah is phenomenal (we'll be there too!) and Kaz in January will be just when it is supposed to be. All happens for a reason. Hang in there -- January is right around the corner. 2008 has been a tough year for so many that I am rather happy you meet your sweetie in '09 instead! It's a good omen!

Dan said...

bummer on the delay, but good things come to those that wait--and I don't just mean Heinz :)

On the what to do note, I would suggest a Bond marathon...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails