Friday, December 5, 2008

2008 Christmas Dessert

Every year the ladies at church throw a fantastic Christmas dessert. It's tons of fun and we usually get to host for around 500 women that we invite from church and our community. Of course, not having a building does make the dessert a little more complicated, but this year they decided to host it in the Provo Library, one of the very prettiest buildings around.

I had the pleasure of hosting a table again this year, which I always enjoy doing because it gives me a chance to use my great grandmother's china (with two small boys in the house, I don't use it often). It's also an excuse to brew a few pots of my favorite teas, another one of my favorite things.

Fortunately, this year I had two extra sets of hands to help with serving, set up, and tear down - the moms! Here's a lovely photo of me, my mom Marcia (left), and Steve's mom Sharon (right). I'm not sure how I missed the memo on everybody wearing floral Nehru jackets... but they sure did look spiffy!

We all had a great time at the dessert, enjoying great food, fellowship, beautiful music, and a fantastic message. What a great start to the Christmas season!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails