Saturday, May 19, 2012

A little vacation courtesy of Mozy

This past week I got to enjoy 2 nights and 3 days in fabulous Monterey, California courtesy of my very favorite company - VMware! Mozy is owned by VMware and EMC, and I was fortunate to be included on the list for this year's RADIO conference, an internal VMware Research and Development conference.

The conference was great, and my understanding of the applicability of automated testing to the 5 layers of QA, attracting more women into R&D, leveraging Infrastructure as a Service, and the virtual memory scaling issues of big data expanded fantastically :)

The best part, though, was having three days to just be myself.  I love being a mommy, but I am so easily overwhelmed by the activities and energy required and ample frustrations of being an acting single mommy of four.  Having three whole days to wipe nobody's nose but my own was a beautiful respite and left me feeling ready to resume the everyday adventures back home.

None of this would have been possible without my fabulous employer and a whole cadre of folks back here in Utah coordinating childcare.  My goodness, it certainly does take a village to raise the Morningstar kids!

Thanks so much to each of you for keeping my kids so well loved and cared for while I got to learn and play in California.  I am reminded each day of how blessed I am by the Body of Christ here in Utah.  Thanks for letting me get away from it all for a couple of days.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails