Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hiking Mt. Timpanogos

Last Friday I had the wonderful chance to hike Mt. Timpanogos, the second tallest mountain in Utah, with several friends. It was a beautiful day - perfect weather, great company, and I got paid to climb a mountain for a whole day! Fabulous. Thanks Mozy!

We covered 16 miles and climbed 5,000 feet to Timp's summit at 11,700 feet. I haven't summited in a few years and it was well worth the effort (and extra soreness). All of my biking this year definitely helped with the climb up - I felt pretty darn good going up... but my low-impact cycling didn't do much for the miserable slog down (my poor hips and knees!). Ugh. But now, 4 days later, I'm proud to announce that I can go down a staircase without wincing :)

Here are my favorite pics from the hike - enjoy!

Pre-dawn never looks lovelier than at the start of the hike
Morning has broken!
A moosy friend we met along the way
Going up, up, up
Arrival at the saddle.  Here's our view of work (middle of the far left-hand side)... I have to admit that I like this view more than that from my cubicle!
Walking above the clouds
Our whole Mozy crew
Ta dah!  Here's me at the summit
Time for a break and a snack
Home again, home again.  What a wonderful day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails