Monday, February 22, 2016

WanYing's First Biathlon

A few weeks ago, WanYing, Sasha, Ben, and the whole Sundance Nordic Team went up to Soldier Hollow for a biathlon clinic. Soldier Hollow was the Nordic venue for the 2002 Winter Olympics, so they have a full biathlon stadium and invested in a very cool set of specialized pellet guns for training.

Here's WanYing to tell you about her experience:

What a biathlon is you get to shoot a gun after they tell you about how to shoot a gun. And then you get to shoot a gun, a real life gun, and then you take a lap around a loop on cross country skis then you get to shoot. I think you do that three times and then it ends.

You can't be in front of the gun or else if you hit it in the right spot you can die.

I was with my whole cross country team and lots of other people were there.

The best part was shooting. It was hard. But Ben said if I got a target I could get a dollar from him. But I didn't get a target - but I was really close to getting one!

The hardest part was aiming cause you have to look through a little hole and get the dot lined up with the gun and then shoot it.

I want to do it again!

WanYing's face of fierce concentration
Sasha takes a loop with the deer!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails