Thursday, April 3, 2008

Adoption Update

I have a real adoption update this week - hooray and huzzah! We finally got our 171H back from Immigration, so the paperwork-collection portion of the process is complete!!! I sent 19 documents off to the Utah Lieutenant Governor's Office this morning for apostille (that's the notarization of the notary process) and their turnaround time is 3-5 days, so if all goes well and our paperwork is acceptable (no reason that it shouldn't be, I'm just bracing myself for the worst), this time next week we could have our completed dossier in hand! Woo hoo!

After the dossier is complete, it all goes to our adoption agency for translation and they facilitate all of the processing after that. I haven't paid much attention to that part of the process yet, so now that we're getting close it's time for some more research! But for now I'm going to celebrate a major milestone - sending all of those papers off to Salt Lake this morning felt wonderful!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails