This year I took on a goal to lean into and enjoy foundational practices that I know make me happy. I did some deep thinking about this because I really (really) didn't want these happy practices to become a checklist of drudgery. I know I have a tendency for the means to become the end, and in this case I wanted to stay focused on the fun - the tracking of the fun was just meant to focus and celebrate all the wonderful stuff I was doing! You can read about my decision to habit track here.
We're halfway through the year, and I wanted to report on my progress. I have a very colorful tracker, which is a lovely, tangible reminder of my very colorful life!
It's been really interesting to see the ebbs and flows of my habits, when I lean into one type of activity and when I do more of another. My average week sees 30 distinct activities, which is super-cool data. It tells me that I'm living out my priorities in the ways I hoped and intended at the start of the year.
It's interesting to see patterns and anomalies in my activities, such as the very un-fun week of March 8 when I had ACL surgery and basically took the week off from life.
It's been really fun to see my habits play out on the page, and I've enjoyed this subtle nudge to do more of what I love each day. I'm planning to make a fun knitting project to celebrate all of this lovely fun played out in color, so I'll keep you posted on that!
Overall, I am happy with this habit tracking and decided after consideration in early July to keep going through the rest of the year. I like the daily celebration of doing things I love, I like the gentle nudge to do more of it, and I like using crayons.
What about you? As we hit the mid-point of the year, it's a wonderful time to look back and take stock of the year so far. What are you pleased with? What do you want to double down on? Anything you want to let go of? Clean starts don't have to wait for January; they're available any time!
No comments:
Post a Comment