Saturday, June 16, 2018

So Long, Old Friend

This week I renewed my passport in preparation for our anniversary trip to Spain (sooooo excited!). Today I received my retired passport and was struck with an unexpected sense of the bittersweet seeing that drilled passport.

It's the passport that took me to Kazakhstan and China to bring my babies home.

It's the passport that took me to Mexico 6 years ago and every year since, introducing me to a place and people at Hogar de Amor who have truly become my family.

It's the passport that took me on adventures and work trips to China and Australia and London and Dublin.

And now I have a blank book in front of me, ready to be filled with stamps and visas from the next decade of adventures. It's all so much to be grateful for.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails