Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Best Day of My Life (So Far)

by Sam

Saturday, February 18th has marked a momentous occasion in the morningstar household; Sam's(Henceforth known as me('s?)) 16th birthday. Upon this notable occasion much rejoicing occurred and much candy was consumed. The festivities begun at the early hour of 8:30 (teenagers, am I right?) with the traditional opening of the things.

Many things were received, including, but not limited to:
A box of shiny paper
A driving camera, since I am sixteen and (theoretically) can get my license. Of course, I only have 20 of my 40 required driving hours, so that is a ways out.
I also got an HTC Vive! For the uninformed, the HTC Vive is a virtual reality headset that lets you walk around and interact with the room using sophisticated motion controllers. It is amazeballs.
As you can see, I was very impressed with how black the unplugged headset is.

Skipping to the party, here you can see me swinging the controller around wildly. As an aside, how awesome you feel in VR is directly linked to how dorky you look.

I couldn't leave all the VR to myself though, and so here is one of my friends playing a rather interesting game. As you can see, he is standing on a plank roughly 5 centimeters(Translation: 2 inches) above the ground. To his eyes however, the plank is suspended at the top of a skyscraper, deadly drop to either side. This is a great example of my vr awesomeness theorem, especially when he falls off.

Unfortunately, the human body cannot play videogames forever without food, and needs to eat eventually. Lacking nutrient-rich material, I settled for an ice cream cake.

Lastly, another image of me looking into a darkened headset (You can even see it's unplugged! I fell to the dork side on this one)

[Editor's Note: I asked if we could take a birthday picture. I was told yes, as long as the VR helmet was included. I couldn't argue... it's his birthday and since I haven't seen him without the helmet for the last 24-48 hours it seemed only appropriate]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails